Thursday, May 13, 2010

Crumple

yeah, like i threw myself in.
because it was easy
i had so many creases and folds from before
that i crumpled up like it was nothing
didn't even have to put any rage into it
it just happened
i just gave in all the right places

and i was light
so i went far
i threw myself in
all the way in
so fast i swear i heard some asshole's ears pop
my wake changed the arrangement of a girl's hair
or two, maybe two

but i went so far
so fast and so far away
it was hard to find me when it was over

and i had crumpled so easily
that i had crumpled so tight that
it was hard to recognize me when i opened up again
when it was over

not sure i ever quite got totally smoothed out
but
i'll probably never throw myself that far again

probably never crumple that much
and throw myself all the way in.
not after that shit, probably.


...
i'm sure it's pretty easy to decipher what this one - and the one before it, for that matter - is about. right?
-andy

No comments:

Post a Comment