Monday, June 14, 2010

Supposed to Keep Going

we're driving toward the sun
she's not in the thing with me
not exactly
but we're driving toward the sun

and i know i'm supposed to keep going
all the way to where the crushed glass meets
the trashy salt and all those finned ghosts
all the way to the endzone
with possession

dodge the stink
hurdle the roadkill
drive to the sun
until i drown in its bathtub

i wanna nap
and not know when i'll wake up
wanna have no faint idea about it
but i'm supposed to keep going
i know this

she's got something she needs to see
and she can't get there alone
can't even get there with me really
maybe i'm crazy
because she's not in the thing with me
not exactly

but we're driving toward the sun
and my face is melting
my ears are horrible telephones
with eight billion friends
and nobody to answer them
i'm so tired.

i'm so tired of driving.


...
well, there's a new one.
-andy

1 comment: