Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Said I Should Swallow It All

the clown told me i should stop writing about death
he said love stories were the new thing, the way of the future
i laughed, said tomorrow ain't been penned yet
he laughed harder, all "exactly, because
you've been too worried about the suicides and murders
and accidents n shit."
i told him i didn't want to talk about it anymore
the clown said he couldn't hear me anyway
said my mouth was too full of bullets
said i was stuffing em in there faster'n i could
spit em out.

the clown told me i should just swallow it all
let my tummy hurt for a while
take a shit
move in with the future
eat it out
buy it a ring
said i should get on this with this motherfucker
already

i told the clown i didn't appreciate his familiarity
but that i'd think about his things anyway
said sometimes the death poems are really about love
more than the death shit
said i had some places to be.

1 comment: